Tab Buttons Across The Blog

25 August 2011

America Road Trip before Heading Back To Singapore

A month has passed since I returned to Singapore. It has been 6 years since I left Singapore. To assimilate to Singapore’s lifestyle after being away for such a long time was not an easy feat. The overcrowded public transport, the heat and the long working hours made it difficult for me to spend quality time with my husband. It is during moments like these that I yearn for a vacation to take us away from the mundane routine.

I am glad that we took a 6 week long America road trip before making our way back to Singapore! Whenever we feel worn out and exhausted, we would look at the pictures we have taken. As we browse the photo albums, we reminisce the wonderful moments we spent together. The memories are priceless and unique to us.
Mt Washburn, Yellowstone National Park, USA
I would urge family members and friends to take a short getaway vacation before major lifestyle changes occur. These major lifestyle changes include first job, career change, marriage and the arrival of a new born baby. Before each major milestone in life, we should take the opportunity to spend quality time with our friends and / or family members. The time we spend together form an everlasting memory that will bond us together.
Arches National Park, USA 
Big Horn Sheep, USA
My husband and I love food, cultural experience and the great outdoors. In view of our interests, I drew up an itinerary that took us to French speaking Canadian cities (Montreal and Quebec), the Canadian capital city Ottawa and countless National Parks in USA. Whilst enjoying the sights as we drove towards our destinations, we also came up with random conversation topics. These random topics enable us to understand each other better. Moreover, it helped us shaped our new goals and expectations. A vacation does wonder, and it is therapeutic. Additionally, we marveled at the numerous natural wonders that no words can quite adeptly describe.
Mules, Grand Canyon National Park, USA

Bryce Canyon National Park, USA
On a final note, while I was picking photos to complement this post, I saw many photos that we have taken. As I looked at them, my heart felt warm and a smile was on my face. Happy memories are precious. Quality time spent with a loved one is meaningful.

Your Travel Beacon,
Joanne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...